Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Patch 3 Beta now available - updated 30/09

Comments

• grayhatgrayhat Senior Member UKPosts: 4,769Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    PhilBowles wrote: »
    By the way, I'm still getting the Flying Dutchman issue the patch aims to fix - dead ships coming back to life on the campaign map.

If you sink the ship it now seems to stay dead, but I have had a ship with ~30/120 left that had broken and would normally get sunk by the boarding forces at the end of the battle stay alive (including the general) and retreat.
    Team Wood Elves

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • kingpaygokingpaygo Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    hey total war,

i had hoped for the patch to fix the campaign map..
    because it still crashes after a couple of turns, i can play the game on high grapichs, and the battles never crash (only slow when 2000vs2000 ;) , but after a couple of rounds the game doesn't respond anymore in campaign and i have to kill it with task manager..
    i have tried to play it on DirectX9 instead of X11 but still wont work :( i want to play please help
  • DTerror1303DTerror1303 Senior Member Posts: 177Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    seems to me that you removed the first patches(the performance updates)
    and made a complete new one
    before patches on release..not a single lag spike
    now i got them all over the place
    so its even worse than before. plz fix
    can i ask steam to not update my game?
    better question can i remove this patch or do i need to reinstall?

OH EDIT
    the performances are terrible but the rest seems improved
    so get the performances back and we good! okey <3 xxx

i wish to correct myself.
    this problem only happend on OLD savegames(all).
    when i started a new game i could play it no lag at all.(multiple)
    Anderry wrote: »
    If the supermarket manager had been bigging up his potatoes for in excess of 2 years with glitzy add campaigns, showing in exquisite detail how his potato was better than all potatos that had come before it, & had 40% more resources thrown at it to ensure no mouldy areas, then possibly when a mouldy sack of maggot ridden bananas turned up at my door with no ability to return - guess what I think id be tempted to spit in his face & force feed them to him one by one.
  • kingsimeon234kingsimeon234 Senior Member Posts: 128Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Patch 3 is ******g ****.
  • Darkavid99Darkavid99 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Googled it and no one else seems to have the problem, how bizzare. Thought it may have been a hidden folder and tried that, no luck.

How strange!
  • Darkavid99Darkavid99 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    hahaha I was looking in the actual folder not on steam, how foolish I feel now.
  • Matthias CAMatthias CA Administrator Posts: 2,592Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    Hi all,

You might have seen a new download for those who have opted in the patch 3 BETA.

This should fix the following:
    • Fix for issues with ALT-Tabbing the game and changing resolution
    • Improved camera stuttering / pausing when moving between settlements on the campaign map via the "Zoom to Location" buttons

We are currently still working on this performance issue as well as on other issues you have reported on the forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Matthias
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE SUPPORT FORUMS.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,296Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hi all,

You might have seen a new download for those who have opted in the patch 3 BETA.

• Improved camera stuttering / pausing when moving between settlements on the campaign map via the "Zoom to Location" buttons

We are currently still working on this performance issue as well as on other issues you have reported on the forums.

Regards,

Matthias

Great, the alt+tab thing kept me from playing. Thanks!
  • JaimitoPumJaimitoPum Banned Posts: 153Banned Users
    edited September 2013

You guys fixed this for me. For some reason i didnt have the ALT-tabbing issue so now everything is much better than before.
  • General ETGGeneral ETG Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Alt-tab fixed?

Working for you guys?
    i7 3930k
    GTX Titan
    GTX 690
  • Dragonhart XDragonhart X Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The game is too easy. I think we should introduce negative points for territorial expansion in the panel with diplomatic status, so the Neighbourhood factions react to your progress. Now the diplomatic status of the other factions goes very little in the negative sum
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,296Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Alt-tab fixed?

Working for you guys?

The only way to see if it works for you, is to try it. :-)
  • KauzerKauzer Senior Member Saint-Petersburg, RussiaPosts: 307Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    it works
    Time played in Attila : 258 hours
    Time played in Rome 2 : 1288 hours
    Time played in Shogun 2 : 621 hours
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4.5Ghz 4960X
    GPUs : 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked
    RAM : DDR3 32 Gb Kinston HyperX 1866Mhz
    Disks space : SSD Intel 120GB(OS)+OCZ 240GB+HDD 3TB
  • WulfWulf Senior Member Posts: 292Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Alt tab fixed for me too. Campaign map is alot snappier now. The lag when attacking armies and selecting settlements is almost completely gone for me! Very nice.
  • RaresAntoniuRaresAntoniu Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The Getae with galic names and gods?! This is a HUGE mistake!
    You have to fix that; and where is Chorint?
    Barba non facit philosophum!
  • DudeStu1DudeStu1 Senior Member Posts: 317Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    What exactly does alt+tab do?
  • BiosKBiosK Senior Member Posts: 224Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    campaign lag for me is gone!
  • TallareyishiTallareyishi Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Gah. Can´t play.

Only getting this while trying to start a game.

http://snag.gy/etwZI.jpg
    CPU: i7 3770K@3.50GHz
    MBOARD: Asus Maximus V Gene
    MEMORY: Kingston HyperX 4x4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9
    HDD: Corsair 180GB Force GT SSD, 555/525, SATA III"
    GPU: Radeon HD 7950 DirectCU II, 3GB GDDR5

Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
  • Triarii101Triarii101 Senior Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    BiosK what settings are you on? Wish I was you haha
  • BiosKBiosK Senior Member Posts: 224Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Triarii101 wrote: »
    BiosK what settings are you on? Wish I was you haha

Ultra mostly with some higher on a few setts and unlimited mem checked
  • jasse jamesjasse james Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    why the battle between cav last so long!??is C.A makes fun of us home how..??I mean 4cata vs 2 pret more the 2min for my cata to win!pls fix that,, ruin the whole game
  • MaximMaxim Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hi all,

Regards,

Matthias

even though the patch was small it was excellent imo, fixed all the lag i had while navigating through the campaing map, initiating diplomacy, selecting armies, starting combat etc. really really awesome stuff
  • kilroy1975kilroy1975 Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The confirm option, to cancel an agreement with another faction has gone missing. The only way to cancel an agreement after this patch is by breaking by declaring war.....
  • DP1982SKDP1982SK Senior Member Posts: 717Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    why the battle between cav last so long!??is C.A makes fun of us home how..??I mean 4cata vs 2 pret more the 2min for my cata to win!pls fix that,, ruin the whole game

Because cata's are treated like any other shock cav and they suck at melee (and this is by far possibly the only cav that should be awesome at charge and good in melee), while praetorians are melee cav.
  • DP1982SKDP1982SK Senior Member Posts: 717Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    A question:

has this been updated?

* Squalor and food consumption have been rebalanced (reduction for higher-level buildings) in Campaign modes.

I've looked into the encyclopedia in the beta patch and the values seem to be exactly the same as in after patch 2 with no changes.
  • AlumandoAlumando Senior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    when will the real patch be released?
    We won't forget how you've messed up with R2TW SEGA!
  • LathraelLathrael Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    DP1982SK wrote: »
    A question:

has this been updated?

* Squalor and food consumption have been rebalanced (reduction for higher-level buildings) in Campaign modes.

I've looked into the encyclopedia in the beta patch and the values seem to be exactly the same as in after patch 2 with no changes.

Same here...

Also diplomacy with some nations (selucid vassals) are complately gone, even after selucids are no more.

Another thing about squalor, it's very, very poorly implemented. Apart from bonuses and negative effects, choosing your province's populations by upgrading or destroying the town is simply stupid. Oh we have too much people to deal with? Just destroy the settlement, it'll be alright. In my knowledge when you did it in real, you would became a historical figure. Like Nero -.-

I think we should have old population system with new food resource, and upgrading settlements should be improvement to reduce the squalor like in the old RtW.
  • ONL1FANONL1FAN Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    English only, please.
  • LathraelLathrael Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Too much edits so another post:

I also think instead buildings eat up food, that should be population - which you shouldn't have a direct control over it (by normal means at least), AND your armies...
  • HnerHner Member Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Performance is much worse with this patch and gameplay-wise it's still a disaster. I don't want to lose hope therefore I'll try it again in a few months, but without family tree, a proper political system, fire at will and guard mode this game will be dead soon. Trust me.
This discussion has been closed.