Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War with Windows 8

BoosMooBoosMoo Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited October 2013 in New Players
Hi, I'm new. It looks like the original Total War thread is nearly dead and I do not think I am going to be able to find any answers there.
My laptop runs Windows 8 and I'm having trouble playing Total War. The first time I tried it, it just completely crashed and I found a patch on this forum. Installed it, then it did not crash immediately. It plays the intro and then decides to stop working.
I am not computer or tech savvy by any means, but I'm guessing because the patch I installed got it to work more than it previously did, a different patch should do the trick. If anyone knows where I can find one, can you direct me towards there? I know I am not the only person having this problem, has anyone found any other solutions separate from patching?
It's a little disappointing because Total War is one of my favorite games.
Please help!
Post edited by BoosMoo on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,471Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited May 2013
    Any particular Total War game?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Napoleon 2ndNapoleon 2nd Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    Empire an Napoleon work (as far as I know...) Med 2 doesn't, Rome 1 doesn't and S2 also works
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...
  • naishonaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,425Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    I have windows 8 and there are no problems with any TW title. Maybe you have a driver out of date?
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB
  • Napoleonic Total War IIINapoleonic Total War III Banned Posts: 336Banned Users
    edited May 2013
    Rome 1 works fine.
  • OhdowsOhdows Senior Member Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Empire an Napoleon work (as far as I know...) Med 2 doesn't, Rome 1 doesn't and S2 also works

Steam version of medieval 2 works great on my w8