Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the multiplayer forum

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,141Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
In true CA fashion, I hereby officially declare this new forum open by smashing a massive bottle of champagne all over my laptop. We get through quite a few laptops this way.

Please use this forum to discuss all aspects of Shogun 2's extensive multiplayer.

Thanks!

CraigTW
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• DFTRRDFTRR Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for opening this forum part:)
    [PORTABLE-ID]dftrr[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • Garett20Garett20 Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Finally! Thanks for opening this forum.
    [PORTABLE-ID]garett20[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • Banzaileader123Banzaileader123 Senior Member Posts: 175Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Cheers Craig! This just hits home how close yet how far Shogun 2 is
  • admiral_trompadmiral_tromp Senior Member Posts: 554Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    good, I care about the campain most, but it's good to have this, hope to find out more about clans and things like it
    the die is cast
    Gaius Julius Caesar
    prepare to fight - for, evidently you have found peace intolerable
    Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Major
    your councils be long, your doings be slow, consider the end
    Marcus Junius Brutus Caepio
    moreover, I advise that Carthage should be destroyed
    Cato the Elder
    Proud to be part of Arcani
  • Lord BeckettLord Beckett Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Cheers mate!
  • Yoo Ji-taeYoo Ji-tae Senior Member Posts: 277Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I think you mean saki :D
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,058Moderators
    edited February 2011
    CraigTW wrote: »
    We get through quite a few laptops this way.

Well, now I know where the CA holiday budget went.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • YurtleYurtle Senior Member Posts: 154Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    CraigTW wrote: »
    In true CA fashion, I hereby officially declare this new forum open by smashing a massive bottle of champagne all over my laptop. We get through quite a few laptops this way.

Well, now I know what I want to see in the next studio tour..
  • Langly1087Langly1087 Senior Member Posts: 210Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Wooo Hoo!!! TYVM For Opening this up!!!
    Hideo Yuuta Sakura-General of "The Sakura Clan"
    http://s4.zetaboards.com/Sakura_Clan_HQ/index/
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006628470
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheSakuraClan
    My System:
    CPU: I7-950 AT 3.07GHZ
    GPU: GTX580 1.5gigs-Gigabyte
    MEMORY: 16gigs of ddr3 memory-GSkills Ripjaw
    HDD: raid 0 300gig hard drive
    CPU COOLER: CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling
    XTRA: 2Terabytes of external hard-drive space
    XTRA: Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator Posts: 7,293Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited February 2011
    A good idea whose time has come... And probably not too soon given the number of posts of this nature we're seeing!

By the way, what we do in my office is empty the bottle out first, take out all the worthwhile components (if there are any in a laptop) and then beat the laptop senseless with the empty bottle...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • AshikagaAshikaga Senior Member Posts: 404Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    [Great to hear.. but for the novices... can you post a how to ??]

FOUND IT OUT !! rofl
  • Normal PersonNormal Person Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Hi all,

I've been reading the threads for a while now, please forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere:

Is it going to be possible in the vs (1vs1) multiplayer campaign for each player to personally command their battles against eachother on the battlefield, without having to default to the "auto-resolve" system? (each battle, each seige, each ambush)
    The same way as a player would approach the single player campaing against he AI, only now a human player takes over every function on offer
    Could someone please confirm this, or redirect me please?

Thank you for your time.
  • MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Finally a MP forum, great job CA!
  • BattleStarsBattleStars Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Hey Everyone

Glad to see a multiplayer forum.
    Good Luck 4 more days
    So Say We ALL
  • oOIYovoYIOo oOIYovoYIOo Banned Posts: 275Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    Is it my impression or there are more people "posting" around here than playing the game .
    Its hard to get people playing online ... im seing that not many people bought the game .
    [PORTABLE-ID]ooiyovoyioo[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited March 2011
    Ah its the second time i crash to desktop in multi player ,one wend i tryed to join a multiplayercampaign and the other on a search for a battle .
    I know that aint my PC , i play in singleampaign with no problems and all the setts in huge and adds all selected.
    edited March 2011
    Well i would like to receive any kind of feedback or attention if you amdins dont mind ... ive done all kind of possible multi player battles won like 10 and lost 1 and i dont gain points just the retainers.Ive conquered 6 provinces in the multi map .What am i doing wrong ?
    edited March 2011
    Ok ,in my avatar i got 3 stars it says XP 1600 points or something ,but i dont have any battle ranked won in leader board and or my Clan page.
  • BorekBorek Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Hi peoples.. I want ask: How to make that my battles will be ranked? I played like 12 battles so far and in my stats I have nothing.. it is clear most like that I even have not started yeat ?!? ... thanks .. really can not figure what is wrong

also one little thing - it is about "war room" I edit my profile and put up Throne Room - and there is writen: "User has not created an avatar for Shogun 2"

I could miss something.. do not know.. but I would really grateful if you help me a bit.. thanks
    edited March 2011
    oOIYovoYIOo: I same problem... but my game is not crash (yeat).. but I can not find nobody on "battle list" and If I try to host some it show me "could not connect" ?!? ... really not uderstand that... in multiplayer conquering I have no problem to wind aoutomatically someone.. but battle list is diferent story... if you can pleas help me (help as all) out of this... really thanks
  • ILUVILUV Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited March 2011
  • uizueite@gmail.comuizueite@gmail.com Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    If someone is losing the Batle and quits game its a draw??!! Comon... Please change this, its really annoying to fight for 30-60 minutes and end up with 0-XP 0-Vitory 0-well... nothing, just a feeling of unfairness! And i wonder if is it worth to Automatch once again.
    Cheers for a great game!
    Make Love not Poorn!
  • JK RohanJK Rohan Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I took a look at multiplayer just now, for the first time. I'm not quite sure what I found in there, but I know that I'd much prefer having a god**** list of battles to play rather than have all this avatar, conquest map nonsense.
    edited March 2011
    There should be a limit for clans roster. All i been seeing is ppl migrating to the strongest clan in particular tier. I mean its impossible for any other to survive, im not saying a limit in steam group but, an actual limit of 30-40 members per clan where the clan leader can manage according to performance wish remain and ho will replace from the steam (easy join) group. The hole idea of multiplayer is fantastic but i belive it should be balenced.

Love Total War!
    Make Love not Poorn!
    edited March 2011
    I belive quiters/disconecters should be awarded with loss but...

... if the bar that mesures the power of the army showned in the top right corner of the screen says the player the somehow lost conection with game was actualy with a great advantage he/she should be given the draw at least...

...i belive no one would leave batle if they where wining unless they have a good reason.

I have connection probs many caused by steam updates some times im winning and its a pain to DC.

Long live C.A
    Make Love not Poorn!
  • SofaSurferSofaSurfer Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Is there anyway to report bad behaviour?

I just went in to a battle and my army had roughly 80% matchloks. I knew it looked odd and i didn't expected to win. I wanted to have fun and gain a veteran. The opponent started LOLing and telling me that it was a noob army. I replied politley that i knew it looked funny and that I wanted a war veteran. Then he kept on calling me a ****ing noob. So I took up the fight. No words, just my blasting guns. When i was almost done wooping his **** (excuse my language), he went chicken**** MF and pressed alt+F4.

I dont mind that i didn't get the win and such. But if it's that easy to delete a fight you don't want to lose, we are going to see alot more of that from young punks like this one.

A salute to all the rest of you and to Creative Assembly for a great game.
    edited March 2011
    Please do something about rage quit, aint fair to spend 1 hour trying to beat a hard player then he just alt-F4 to skip a lost game. There are more rage quiters than ppl with bad conection. Ho ever loses conection should lose no matter...
    Thank you!
    Make Love not Poorn!
    edited April 2011
    yea! I would like to see this also! I am never do something like alt+F4 it is childish behaviour I really hate this.. I played again 9star playr and I just can not believe when he cowardly quit from battle!! I now his name so I fing him in stats and he got like 10win vs. 1losse - may be more wins! I played him and he play as a noob and he can not win so much battles.. is strategy was really bad... but still he have gut stats.. it is definitly because of his childish behaviour and alt+F4.. hate this people

I play for fun.. for new experience .. yea I want to have god stats! everyone want it!.. but I want to earn it by my bloody katana!! and I am prepared to beat the dust sometimes! And if I am losing I will let my opponent to enjoy that moment and I am expect the same.
    edited April 2011
    and sorry guys for mistakes in my text .. I wroted it very fast and now I sea lot of typing errors.. so do not be hard on my... still I hope that you get the point what I was thought
  • HaysHays Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Borek wrote: »
    yea! I would like to see this also! I am never do something like alt+F4 it is childish behaviour

But unfortunately people with eye on stats ect. use this every time they are defeated. As higher they ranked as more often they use, thats my expirience. Of course there are lots of honourable top 100 Players out there, giving me the chance to learn from defeat and celebrating a good game and of course a victory, if my avatar has the luck of battle on his side.

To get in communication with your opponent, is a good way to avoid that he presses the quit button. Most of the people, who dont want to write a word tend to quit if they are high ranked.

a the game works well if u see players and rooms in chatwindow. If its empty it helps to reload game. But on high traffic times, i used to play the singleplayer campaign.