Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Rome 2 A failure?

Sir ArchiballsSir Archiballs BannedPosts: 5Banned Users
edited November 2013 in The Graveyard
Your Thoughts
Post edited by Sir Archiballs on

Comments

• zonazona Senior Member Posts: 223Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Welcome to the forums, and in advance be prepared to be blasted by pro-ca agents on here, that will defend great name of ca and rome 2 till their power goes out. After that you post most likely be closed by moderators.

Answer to your question- yes, nothing but failure and appointment's
    2% CLUB
  • Sir ArchiballsSir Archiballs Banned Posts: 5Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    zona wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums, and in advance be prepared to be blasted by pro-ca agents on here, that will defend great name of ca and rome 2 will their power goes out. After that you post most likely be closed by moderators.

Answer to your question- yes, nothing but failure and appointment's

Indeed, thank you for pointing out that Rome is indeed a failure.... hmmm interesting , excellent post
  • ma_251ma_251 Senior Member Posts: 132Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    I would like to talk about the Total War series as a whole instead of Rome II specifically. I speculate that the series as a whole has not ended, at least not yet but I speculate that it will change from as we know it with their next release. I may be wrong but I think the series is going to change subtly and so on with next TW games.
  • chuckbchuckb Banned Posts: 208Banned Users
    edited November 2013
    It was successful in that it sold a lot of copies. And that's all that really matters to the suits.

The game itself completely fails to live up to Rome 1 and Medieval 2, though. Rome 2 was more the same of a familiar ****: Shogun 2.
  • redamo27redamo27 Senior Member Posts: 322Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    I would describe it as a work in progress. The "work" done by CA will decide if it is a failure or not.
    On Hannibal "No captain ever marched to and fro among so many armies of troops superior to his own numbers and material as fearlessly and skillfully as he. No man ever held his own so long or so ably against such odds." Theodore Ayrault Dodge
  • Arkansas6AArkansas6A Senior Member Posts: 157Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Are you some sort of robot psychotherapist who creates multiple forum accounts just so you can say "Hmm, interesting?"
    Romanes eunt domus.
    edited November 2013
    ma_251 wrote: »
    I would like to talk about the Total War series as a whole instead of Rome II specifically. I speculate that the series as a whole has not ended, at least not yet but I speculate that it will change from as we know it with their next release. I may be wrong but I think the series is going to change subtly and so on with next TW games.

hmmm quite interesting that ROme 2 may have changed things for the worse...... interesting to say the least... good points
  • BennyMendtBennyMendt Senior Member Posts: 297Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    You should probably be using a VPN /lots of email addresses.
    edited November 2013
    Skaven wrote: »
    Are you some sort of robot psychotherapist who creates multiple forum accounts just so you can say "Hmm, interesting?"

It seems freedom of speech is punished in these forums my good man, welcome to the discussion
  • ScorepioScorepio Senior Member Posts: 256Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Rome II is a very good game in my opinion. (and no , I don't work for CA).
    This forum is unfortunately flooded by haters.
    [PORTABLE-ID]scorepio[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,358Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Sir <insert soon to be banned alt here>,

You should do some homework on what freedom of speech actually guarantees, making reference to it here, in a privately owned forum, suggests you've no idea what you're talking about.

But nice job publicly displaying your ignorance about it.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • KaidanKaidan Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    More than a failure it`s the worst total war game to date.I also made a thread about the game`s pros and cons (more cons) and the disgusting CA attitude towards it`s fans after 2 weeks still waiting (not) for the so called moderators approval of my thread.The fact that y can be banned for saying that the game is a faqing rip-off and you need their approval to write an opinion says a lot about the company and what it has become.A game can be fixed, features can be added to complete it but y can`t do that with people you can`t press buttons on a keyboard and make everyone put up with your bullshait.

CA need a competition they think they can get away with anything and the tw players need to start voting with their wallets.

Sorry for bad english.
This discussion has been closed.