Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ryse: Son of Rome

BibliophileBibliophile MemberPosts: 37Registered Users
edited November 2013 in The Graveyard
Dear Creative Assembly,
Have you seen the Trailer for Ryse: Son of Rome? THAT is the Roman-era game that R2TW should have been. It should have glorious cinematics, cutscenes, and an AI that reflects the genius of generals of that era. I should be defending Rome against Hannibal who's just marched his elephants over the Alps. Instead, I'm fighting a bunch of ******s who insist that throwing torches at the gate under heavy arrow/javelin fire is the best way to take a city. The only decent part of the game with some semblance of a "storyline" is the Prologue. Games are not just about mechanics etc, it is also a visual spectacle. Look at Guild Wars 2. THAT is a fine looking game with plenty of cutscenes. Idk why you screwed us up with R2TW, but I hope in patch 8 or 9 I'll get the beautiful game I deserve with a reasonably intelligent AI.
Post edited by Bibliophile on

Comments

• MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Isn't Ryse getting slammed for being shallow, boring and too easy, despite flashy graphics?
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    You deserve nothing. Go back to your console game and stop trolling.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • BibliophileBibliophile Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Snappera wrote: »
    You deserve nothing. Go back to your console game and stop trolling.
    I don't have a console. PC Master Race. Am I trolling? Doesn't R2TW have issues with an overly stupid AI and lack of cinematics/cutscenes?
  • Vash The StampedeVash The Stampede Senior Member Posts: 533Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Mackles wrote: »
    Isn't Ryse getting slammed for being shallow, boring and too easy, despite flashy graphics?

was anything else expect of it? Crytek did make the game, and they are known for making boring, shallow games with the main focus being graphics.
    "the stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I’m not dead either."
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Posts: 1,527Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    so far as I saw trailer of Ryse...I almost puked

oh yes and GW2...anime looks good? u have some serious problems lol. I wanted to throw my PC out after I checked trailer

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Inno3D GTX1060 Gaming OC 6GB
    MSI Z97-G43 Gaming
    16GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL

• TheDuyfkenTheDuyfken Senior Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    surely you are joking
  • ArcaianArcaian Senior Member Posts: 564Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    was anything else expect of it? Crytek did make the game, and they are known for making boring, shallow games with the main focus being graphics.

I loved Crysis, but Crysis 2, 3 and Ryse are all horrible and shallow, just graphics.

And overly stupid AI yes, lack of cinematics, no. Honestly, it helps immersion but there are so many more important issues to be fixed, the lack of cinematics isn't on of them, at least for me.w
  • mammolo1234mammolo1234 Senior Member Posts: 275Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Cinematics are definitely not a problem. Some people might complain about them, but honestly they're just eye-candy.

The problem is mainly A.I., followed by computer's army composition and some odd characteristics and behaviours about units. Not even family trees are a real problem: they're a missing feature, ok, but if the problems I previously mentioned were fully addressed, well, I think no one would have noticed it so much.

Anyway Ryse, despite the fact that it's not a masterpiece at all, isn't comparable to TWR2: the first is an action game, the latter is a strategy game.

Graphics are more than decent for TWR2, the main problem is optimization (btw, personally, with some fine tuning I don't have any problem at all, while not having an exceptional rig).
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - In the end, I think that Carthago must be destroyed
  • BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Read that and tell me if you still think its great:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ryse-son-of-rome-review/1900-6415571/
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    I don't have a console. PC Master Race. Am I trolling? Doesn't R2TW have issues with an overly stupid AI and lack of cinematics/cutscenes?

But the game atrociously misses the point, it's worse than Rome II by a long way. Don't try and make CA head in that direction!
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Why is this post even here
  • BibliophileBibliophile Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Vuorinorri wrote: »
    so far as I saw trailer of Ryse...I almost puked

oh yes and GW2...anime looks good? u have some serious problems lol. I wanted to throw my PC out after I checked trailer
    You obviously haven't played GW2 yet. It is by far one of the best looking games, besides Skyrim.
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Posts: 2,077Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Those guys barely even look like Romans in that game :D
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • Walter ChangWalter Chang Senior Member Posts: 1,575Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Ambigatos wrote: »
    Those guys barely even look like Romans in that game :D

Do the Romans have the correct sandals in that Ryse of the Romebots game?
  • Ascendant JusticeAscendant Justice Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Dear Creative Assembly,
    Have you seen the Trailer for Ryse: Son of Rome? THAT is the Roman-era game that R2TW should have been. It should have glorious cinematics, cutscenes, and an AI that reflects the genius of generals of that era. I should be defending Rome against Hannibal who's just marched his elephants over the Alps. Instead, I'm fighting a bunch of ******s who insist that throwing torches at the gate under heavy arrow/javelin fire is the best way to take a city. The only decent part of the game with some semblance of a "storyline" is the Prologue. Games are not just about mechanics etc, it is also a visual spectacle. Look at Guild Wars 2. THAT is a fine looking game with plenty of cutscenes. Idk why you screwed us up with R2TW, but I hope in patch 8 or 9 I'll get the beautiful game I deserve with a reasonably intelligent AI.

Are you kidding me?!
  • The ParadoxThe Paradox Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    God... if you didn't play the game, how can you say ANYTHING about it? Ryse: Son of Rome is the most boring game I've ever played. I played it at my friend and Rome 2 is (besides problems we are all aware of) quite good game. Ryse has awful AI, shallow gameplay, clunky controls and zero historical accuracy. If you are favorable to this game, then GET OUT of Total War forums, you schmock.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,096
    edited November 2013
    Derailed to a point of no return...
This discussion has been closed.